One on one w/ Coach Bill Renner: 5 Wide Spread Attack 101!!!
Coach Bill Renner
Head Football Coach
East Chapel Hill High School
Chapel Hill, NC
High School Coaching
- He has 27 years’ experience as a high school football coach; 22 years as a head high school coach at 4 high schools
- He has been a head coach at 3 high schools in the Northern Virginia, Washington DC Metro area before retiring from Virginia; Mt Vernon, Langley and West Springfield
- He is the current head coach at East Chapel Hill HS in Chapel Hill, NC
- He finished as the all-time winning coach at two of the three high schools he was the head coach for in Northern Virginia: Langley and West Springfield.
- He has won 106 games in 22 years as a head coach.
- He was the 1998 Northern Region Coach of the Year while at Langley HS
- He has been the District Coach of the Year 3 times at two different schools
- He has won 3 district titles at two different schools
- He has taken 2 schools to the state playoffs 4 times
- He was an assistant on a 3A state championship team, Tazewell HS, in 1986 and a 6A runner-up state champion finish, Lake Braddock, in 2009
- He posted 2 of the best seasons in school history at Langley HS and 4 of the best seasons in school history at West Springfield HS
- He has sent over 24 players on to play college football
- He has coached/developed two Elite 11 National Ranked Top 5 HS QB’s in the country
- His last 3 QB’s have all gone on full-scholarships to Division 1 schools; his current QB is still making a decision
- His 5-Wide Attack Spread Offense has passed for 11,690 yards and 122 TD’s and rushed for 7,591 yards and 84 TD’s from 2005-2008.
- His 5-Wide Attack Spread Offense produced receiving, passing and rushing leaders in the Northern Region (32 teams) and the Washington DC Metro area from 2005-2009
- His West Springfield receiver, Andy Stallings, finished 4th all-time in the state of Virginia with 190 career receptions
- His East Chapel Hill receiver, Alex Moore, set the state record for catches in a season with 123 catches in the 2011 season
- His 2008 West Springfield offense was ranked #2 in the state by VHSL-Reference Stat site
- His 2007 West Springfield offense was ranked #4 in the state by VHSL-Reference Stat site
- His 2006 West Springfield offense was ranked #1 in the state by VHSL-Reference Stat site
- His 2008 West Springfield offense is ranked #7, his 2006 West Springfield is ranked #17 and his 2007 West Springfield offense is ranked #29 of the top 100 offenses from 1999-2011 according to the VHSL-Reference state web site; only 3 other schools in the state have as many ranked offenses in the top 30 for that 13 year period
- 4 different QB’s in his 5 Wide offense have averaged 3,000+ yards a season and 29 TD’s with 12 interceptions per season
- He is noted for taking under achieving programs and making them successful
Coach Renner will come in and do an online clinic covering the key concepts of running a 5 wide system. If you need a boost in your passing attack as well as being able to run then you need to make sure you check in at lunch time Weds. for this week’s chalk talks with Coach Renner.
Coach Big B
Host/Producer-The Red Zone Show